Tuesday 7 May 2013

Ladurée Singapore

I was so excited that Ladurée has finally brought its wonderful macarons to Singapore on 15 April 2013. 
I first tried Ladurée macarons when my bestie, Sylvia, brought them back from Paris. I was not a fan of macarons until I tried those from Laduréand I was sold immediately.

Ladurée Singapore has two locations in Ngee Ann City (famously knows as Takashimaya).
The takeaway counter is on the first floor (#01-24A), in between LV and Chanel boutiques (near the escalator).
The main boutique is on the second floor (#02-09) where you can takeaway the macarons and purchase merchandises and collectibles such as chocolates, jams, candles, tote bags and keychains.      



Queuing to enter Ladurée boutique

Macaron tower window display

Love the cloudy blue sky ceiling and I read the chandeliers were specially imported too

Assorted Scented Candles





Cam-whore while waiting for my turn :p

The pretty and colorful macarons. Feel like grabbing one each to try



Assorted Chocolates




The macarons are specially flown in from Switzerland three to four times a week.
The price of the macaron is SGD 3.80 each, except for gold coated macaron which is selling at SGD 7.60. 
You need to get minimum 8 pieces (SGD 30.40) to get them packed in a paper box like below with no additional cost. 
If they are less than 8 pieces, they will be packed in a paper pouch.



You may also opt for the gift box. This Napoleon Green box costs SGD 32 for 6 macarons

Limited edition of Ladurée Singapore box costs SGD 38 for 8 macarons

The flavors that are currently available in Ladurée Singapore.
Praline, Marie-Antoinette, Chocolate Yuzu and Red Fruit are seasonal flavors.

My favorite flavors are pistachio, coffee, rose and ghana chocolate. These macarons are not that sweet as compared to other brands. 
They are best consumed within a day of purchase. You may keep them in the fridge but try to finish them within two to three days after purchase as they will get harder after several days.
The macarons are not cheap, but they are definitely worth the price.

The queue wasn't that bad, it took me about 15 mins to enter during weekday off peak hour

2 comments:

  1. My daughter will be very happy when she knows this news..hehehe..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sonia, thanks for dropping by. Did you manage to try it out when you were in Italy? Btw I love your Italy posts. Reading them made me feel like revisiting Italy :D

      Delete