Wednesday 29 May 2013

Laneige K-Beauty Blogger

I have received questions from friends and readers about the skincare product that I am using. 
And I am always proud to answer that I am loyal fan of Laneige :D
I have been using their product for about 6 to 7 years now. 

There were two main factors that got me interested with the brand. 
Firstly it was Jeon Ji Hyun as the brand ambassador (before Song Hye Kyo) and secondly it was their concept of water science technology. I have very dry skin, therefore I am constantly looking for a product to hydrate my skin.


Jeon Ji Hyun, picture courtesy of Laneige website

The first product of Laneige that I explored was Water Bank Essence.
I used it day and night after toner and before moisturizer application. I love this product so much.
The light texture of the essence feels like water on my skin. 
And I love the mild fragrance of all their products which are not overpowering.

Laneige Water Bank Essence

The next products that I tried were Water Sleeping Pack and Strawberry Peeling Gel (I was kinda sad when I found out it has been discontinued). I remember I was sharing the purchase of these two products with my sister in law as we were not sure whether they were good or not and we didn't have much budget then :p 
But it didn't take me long to get the full size products for my own. Since then, I started to replace all my skincare and makeup products to Laneige. 


Laneige Water Sleeping Pack_EX

I have even managed to convince my other half switching his products to Laneige Homme Line :D

I am currently mix-and-matching the products from White Plus Renew, Perfect Renew and Hydra Solution lines. 
All my current face products are from Laneige, including cleansing, skincare and makeup products except for the eyeliner and eyeshadow. 

My current favorite skincare product from Laneige is Perfect Renew Night Treatment.
As I mentioned earlier, I have very dehydrated skin. I need a highly concentrated product for my skin, especially at night because I am sleeping in a air-conditioned room and my skin tends to dry up in the morning. 


Laneige Perfect Renew Night Treatment

Perfect Renew Night Treatment is a highly concentrated treatment essence designed to use at night time with firming and revitalizing effect. 
It contains a high-concentration of skin Charger Complex to quickly restore vibrant and firm skin, a high-concentration of Ceramide Repair Water SLN fortifies the skin barrier and supplies ample moisture for supple skin and hibiscus seed extracts sufficiently promotes collagen synthesis for your skin to reborn overnight.

The texture is just right for my skin, it is not too watery nor too thick. 
Although it is highly concentrated, it doesn't feel heavy or leaves any oily residue on my skin.
My skin feels soft and supple when I wakeup the next morning.


The essence is quickly absorbed into the skin and keeping the skin moisturized

I apply this essence at night after removing my makeup with Deep Cleansing Oil Moisture and applying Power Essential Skin Refiner Sensitive (I m trying this range because it is alcohol free) and White Plus Renew Emulsion. After the application of the essence, I will either apply Water Sleeping Pack or White Plus Renew Night Cream. For daycare, I replace this essence with White Plus Renew Essence. 



And the product that I love most from the makeup range is the Snow BB Cream SPF 41/PA++ 
I have been using this BB cream since they first launched it and I am on my third tube now. 
I apply this BB cream almost everyday as I am not a fan of foundation, I save the foundation for special occasions.



This essence type BB cream fully delivers fresh, moist and nourishing sensation to the skin right after application. 
The Liquid Crystal Essence ingredient has the similar structure to the skin surface lipid which works as a natural skin barrier creates a skin moisturizing seal on the skin, keeping moisture locked in and staying long on the skin.
This smart and advanced BB Cream has triple function of whitening, anti-wrinkle and UV protection of SPF 41/PA++ that I do not have to apply additional sunblock. It definitely saves my time and my pocket :p


Love how smooth the BB cream glides on the skin and doesn't look cakey

I am gonna show you the comparison before and after the application of the BB Cream.
Below are the products that I applied in the 'before' picture. 

Left to Right: Power Essential Sensitive Skin Refiner, White Plus Renew Emulsion, White Plus Renew Essence,
Hydra Solution Cream, Perfect Renew Dual Touch Eyes (Day and Night)

After the application, the BB Cream immediately brighten up my skin. It helps to even out skin tone and cover redness and pores. With its lightweight texture, it is definitely perfect for daily use and to create natural or 'non makeup' look.



I have also purchased the Snow BB Soothing Cushion after reading soooo many good reviews about it. I can't wait to finish my Snow BB Cream so I can start using this. Teehee :D




And here is my attempt to create a flawless natural Korean makeup look.
I am using all the skincare and makeup products from Laneige to achieve this look, except for the eyeliner and eyeshadow.



I am submitting this entry to Laneige Beautiful Blogger Challenge to win a makeup session recreating K-Beauty Looks with the Laneige BB Cushion. Wish me luck :)

1 comment:

  1. hi may i know what shade you're using for the laneige bb cushion? thanks!

    ReplyDelete