Wednesday 19 June 2013

Cook For Family Initiative

Ever since I got married, I try to cook as often as possible.
It is definitely healthier to have homecooked meal than eating out. We know exactly what are the ingredients that we are putting in our food. We are able to control the amount of salt and fat, and plan for a balanced meal.

It is also cheaper to cook than eating out. I usually prepare 2 dishes (include meat either fish, pork or beef; and vegetable) and one soup for less than SGD 10.

I love the feeling of eating together on the dining table as a family. I grew up eating my mom's homecooked meals. She might not be a great chef, but it was her time and effort preparing nutritious meals for us that made it so precious. And the conversation during the meal provide the opportunities for the family members to bond. I seriously hope I will be able to do this for my kids in the future.

And lastly, the smile on my hubby's face when he has his dinner ready on the table when he comes home from a day at work. It is just priceless :)

I am constantly searching for recipes and ideas; and I am really grateful that the advanced technology makes it is easy for us to find thousands of recipes online. And thanks to all the food bloggers and chefs that are willing to share their great recipes and secrets.

There are a few food blogs that I have been following religiously.
Firstly, it is my bestie Annie of Annielicious Food. She has shared a lot of amazing recipes on her blog. It is a breeze to understand and follow her recipes. Love how she provides the detailed explanation for the ingredients and steps applied. 
And here are some of food blogs that I have bookmarked in my computer: my fellow Medanese blogger Marvellina of What To Cook Today, Cuisine Paradise, Just One Cookbook and Rasa Malaysia. Drop by their site and find all the great recipes that they have posted.

Please also join the Cook for Family Initiative at their facebook page, which is to encourage everyone to experience the joys of cooking for their loved ones.




I am working on a few simple recipes that I am gonna share soon. Please pardon me for the low quality picture of my food cos most of them are taken by Iphone. I am usually either too hungry or too tired to grab my DSLR after cooking. I promise to take a better picture and improve my food photography skill :p

Disclaimer: I am not a professional cook and I won't label myself of food blogger. My purpose is solely for sharing the great recipes that I have found and tested.

No comments:

Post a Comment