So I decided to post it here :)
I have been addicted to cooking shows lately, especially the Taiwanese cooking show 美食鳳味
I learned a lot of great recipes and cooking techniques from the show.
Roast Beef with Carrot, Daikon and Broccoli
Serves: 2, Recipe adapted from 美食鳳味
- 300 grams beef chuck tender
- one medium size carrot
- one small size daikon/white raddish
- 10 slices ginger
- 20 cloves garlic (keep it whole)
- two pieces star anise
- 200 grams broccoli
- 200 ml water
- one tablespoon cooking oil
- one tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- one teaspoon sugar
- one teaspoon white pepper
- Cut broccoli into florets
- Peel and cut into triangles for both carrot and daikon
- Clean beef and pat dry with kitchen towel
- Heat oil in wok and fry ginger until aromatic
- Add in carrot, daikon and tomato ketchup, fry for about one minute
- Add in garlic and star anise, fry until aromatic
- Pour in the rest of seasonings
- Add in the whole piece of beef
- Add water and cover the lid. Bring to a boil, reduce to low heat and simmer for 50 minutes. Flip the beef once in between.
- Once done, remove the beef and slice it.
- Add broccoli florets into the wok and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove from wok, serve and top with sliced beef.
This dish goes very well with rice.
One pot dish is perfect for lazy days (less utensils for cleaning :p) and it is also great for lunch box :)
The original recipe uses pork cheek instead of beef. It is kinda difficult to find pork cheek in Singapore, unless if you make good friend with the butcher and ask them to reserve for you :p
Or else, you may substitute pork shoulder for the pork cheek.
The original recipe uses cauliflowers. But I always have broccoli stocked up in my fridge, so I substituted with broccoli.
Well done Henny!ReplyDelete
Thanks for your kind n encouraging word :)Delete
I always love meat and veggie in one dish (so that my kids will eat it together!). This looks delicious! :)ReplyDelete