Sunday 14 April 2013

KEU Penang Seafood Restaurant

Penang is like my second hometown, I used to stay there for 6 years.
It was where I had a lot of good memories over the years.
However, I don't have the chance to visit Penang frequently nowadays.
Other than my bestie, the thing that I miss the most about Penang is the food.
Therefore, I am constantly looking for Penang food specialty in Singapore.

I was so excited when my friend told me there is a nice Penang assam laksa at KEU Penang Seafood Restaurant near Aljunied MRT.
It didn't take me long to fix a date with her to try it out.
We went there slightly earlier (about 6.30 pm) to avoid the long queues.

Penang assam laksa (SGD 4.50). This laksa is really yummy and it has the authentic Penang taste.

The second best dish that we tried that evening was the salted egg sotong (SGD 12)

Deep fried golden mushroom (SGD 10). This dish was nice but I am not a fan of deep fried food and I can't really taste the golden mushroom.

Penang fried kway teow (SGD 5), the average-tasting kway teow which didn't taste like any in Penang. 
It didn't have the 'wok hei' taste (the flavor, taste and 'essence' imparted by a hot wok on food), which in my opinion is a requirement for Penang kway teow.

They do serve seafood i.e. crab, prawn and fish. The steamed fish looked so tempting.
Unfortunately, there were only three of us and we have ordered quite amount of food.
This restaurant is definitely in my 'must revisit soon' list.


KEU Penang Seafood Restaurant is located at 76 Geylang Lorong 25A, Singapore 388258
Tel: 9688 9788 / 6841 3002

If you are taking MRT, alight at Aljunied MRT. 
Take the left exit door (Exit A) and you can spot the restaurant on your left (about one minute walking distance).
You may check out their wesbite here


No comments:

Post a Comment